Friday 8 March 2013

Back to blogging...Where I have been!

So, there is a wee bit of a gap in my blog.  I have been so caught up that  have barely read a beauty blog and just have not been in the right place to write one.  Why you ask?  Well, it's all because of my diet!  I have been faffing around trying to get to my target weight since my daughter was born....and that was 3.5 years ago!  I could finally cope with my extra tyres no more, and with 1 stone 12 pounds needing to be shifted to get to where I wanted to be, I ordered a months supply of Exante.
If you haven't heard of Exante, it is a food replacement diet where you replace meals with their products.  Similar to Lighter Life or Cambridge and a bit like Celebrity Slim or Slim Fast.  There are various options you can follow, some allow food as well and the Total Solution does not.  The total solution (a very low calorie diet or VLCD) states that you can lose around a stone a month so this is the option I have gone for.  You have 3 Exante packs a day, totalling about 600 calories, drink loads and loads of water and that is pretty much it. I won't go into the science of how it works (ketosis) but there is loads of info on the Exante website if you are interested.
Here is a little picture from the Exante website to show what I have been eating every day for the last 3 weeks:

It's been really tough (though made so much easier due to my friend on Twitter, the lovely @t_toperula doing it with me) but so far I have managed to shift 1 stone 4 pounds!  Not bad huh?
I must stress here that although you order this diet over the internet, Exante do state that you must have a BMI of over 25 to order.
Now the bulk of my excess weight has gone I feel ready to get back in the swing of blogging again and I definitely feel that I deserve a little treat to celebrate, especially as I can no longer have a cup of tea and a Double Decker!
I think blogging will be an important tool in maintaining my weight loss as I am going to need something to keep me busy and away from the fridge!

I do have one beauty tip for you...drink more water!  You hear it all the time but how many of us actually drink enough?  I certainly didn't!  On this diet I have been drinking around 3 litres a day and it has done wonders for my skin, better than any moisturiser I have ever used.  My skin is less dry, less spot prone and just looks loads fresher.  I will definitely be making more of an effort to drink more water in future!

Now I just need to work out what my little treat to myself will be...time for some blog reading I think!!


No comments:

Post a Comment