Saturday 2 February 2013

Favourite Perfumes...

One of my very favourite beauty items has to be perfume.  I remember years (and years) ago getting a bottle of CK One and from then on, Body Shop perfumes (white musk anyone?) just didn't cut it anymore.
I have 5 perfumes that I am using at the moment. Throughout 2012 I was only using 2 but I fancied a change so here is what is usually sat on my dressing table at the minute...

L-R: Twilight Woods, La Petite Robe Noire, Coco Mademoiselle, Pineapple, Alien.


First up is the most recent addition to my collection, Bath and Body Works 75ml EDT 'Twilight Woods'


Since hubs brought me back a load of B&BW goodies from Dubai a couple of weeks ago (see my B&BW haul post) I knew I had to get this perfume.  Unfortunately there was no one off to the UAE at the mo so I ordered from the Bath and Body Shop and paid £23.99 for it.
On the box it is described as a blend of apricot nectar, mimosa petals and Tuscan cypress.  It's kind of fruity but musky.  It's  lovely warm scent, perfect for this weather.  t's not too heavy so I like to layer it up using my shower gel and body lotion along with the perfume.  Yummy!  I love this!!

Next is a perfume I got for Christmas, La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain. 30ml EDP.


For Chrimbo someone usually gets me some perfume and I fancied something a bit different this year.  I had been wearing the same perfume for about 2 years and wanted something that was completely different.  When I first smelt this I loved it but knew it was a bit of a marmite scent...you will either love this or hate it.  I ummed and ahhed but in the end thought that I love it and that is all the counts.
The description I found online for this (from fragrantica.com) describes it like this:

Inspired by the elegance and eternity of a little black dress, the perfume exudes Parisian chic and gracefulness. It opens with playful and sparkling aromas of black cherry, bergamot, red berries and almond. Bulgarian and Turkish roses rule the heart, further developing with notes of licorice and smoked black tea. Aniseed, tonka bean, vanilla, iris and patchouli form the base.

This is a very fruity scent, it smells so familiar but I just can't put my finger on why.  It reminds me of sweets and is a really fun daytime scent.  I have already purchased a back up bottle of this as Boots had 50% of their Christmas gift sets so another 30ml EDP and the matching body lotion only cost me £21 of Boots points!

Next up is my all time favourite, Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle 100ml EDP.


I have been using the fragrance pretty much non stop for the last 2 years.  It's such a classic fragrance and it makes me feel sophisticated and grown up when I wear it!  Fragrantica says:

Top notes are orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom and bergamot; middle notes are mimose, jasmine, turkish rose and ylang-ylang; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver and white musk.

Well, I can pick out the musk but that is pretty much where it ends.  It is beautiful though and something I am sure I will always have in my collection.  

A bit of a strange one next, a mega cheap 50 ml EDT fragrance by Pineapple that I got in a gift set for about £3 in the Boots 75% off sale.


I've included this as it is something that I use when I'm on the school run or taking the dog for a walk.  I still want to smell nice but know that I'll be showering as soon as I get in so don't want to waste any of my expensive perfumes.  This is a mega sweet, almost sherbet like scent.  It's got a hint of Juicy Couture fragrance about it so for the money I thought it was quite good value.

Last but by no means least is another amazing fragrance, 15ml refillable EDP, 'Alien' by Thierry Mugler.


If you want a scent that lasts then you need to try this out.  I use this as my going out fragrance and I can always smell it on me and my clothes the next day.  I have never had this with a fragrance before.  Fragrantica say:
The creators of Alien based the composition on three main lines: warm white amber in the base, woodsy notes in the heart, and sunny Indian jasmine in the top.
 This no way describes how amazing this fragrance is.  It's strong, but not in an overpowering or sickly way and the smell is just something else.  I really don't like Angel and so I didn't think I was going to like this but I just couldn't stop smelling it. For me it is not a daytime fragrance as it is a bit strong but  know they do a lighter version now so I may well have to try that out. It is definitely warm and woody but has this burst of something fabulous in the middle.  If you haven't ever smelt this then you really must.  The bottle is beautiful, purple is my favourite colour and the unusual design makes it stand out on my dressing table.

So, there are all my favourite perfumes.  Have you tried any of these?  Are there any others you think I may like?  What is your 'pong du jour' at the moment?







3 comments:

  1. La Petite Robe Noire is lovely, I had a free sample of it a while back and I couldn't stop sniffing myself lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? Just different to most other perfumes I have smelt!

      Delete
  2. Oh ya you can't go wrong with Chanel, so gorgeous. at the moment I'm loving Beyonce Heat..never a fan of celebrity perfumes till I tried this and forever smelling myself :) would recommend it xx

    ReplyDelete