Sunday 16 December 2012

MUA Nail Varnish

I'm very excited about today...I have decided to have a little 'mini Christmas', just me, hubs and the kids.  I love Christmas day to be with as many family members as possible ( I am lucky that both mine and hubs family all spend it together) so I thought it would be nice to have a day just the four of us.  I am cooking a roast dinner later, we have crackers for the table...eveyone is going to get a little pressie to unwrap and later on we are going to play board games and Dance Central.  Whoop!
At the minute however, everyone is pretty comatose still after my son's football club Christmas Disco last night, so as I am for some reason feeling quite chirpy despite all the rose wine and fruity cider, I thought I would tell you about the nail varnish I was wearing.

Step forward MUA's £1 nail varnish in Bright Coral (so glad they are giving their products names now)...


I could rave about the quality of MUA products all day.  I am a massive fan of theirs and own so much of their stuff that it is definitely the most featured brand in my whole make up collection.

I have a few of their nail varnishes but haven't really used them much since I found a cheap source of Essie polishes.  Last night however I was in a real rush and grabbed the first coral colour I came across.  (Yes, I know it is all about berry tones at this time of year but I love a splash of bright)  I had no time for a base or top coat, I had literally 5 minutes until I had to leave.

The formulation of this was really creamy, not too runny and gave a decent coverage with one coat.  The first coat dried quickly enough that I was able to get a second coat on too.  Two coats is more than enough to give full, opaque coverage.

The colour is a lovely pinky, creamy coral.  It is not overly shiny though but had I  had another 5 minute I would have put on a top coat...I don't generally expect to get a high shine from the nail varnish itself.

The only thing I was not so keen on was the brush.  It was bit small and the bristles have a bit of a life of their own.  I guess you are not going to get an amazing brush for such a good price and I didn't find that it made a mess when I was applying the polish so it is no something that would mean I reached for a different brand rather than this one.

What I was really, really impressed with was the state of my nails this morning.  Considering I hadn't put on a top coat and I was chasing round after the kids all night doing general mum things I was expecting chips ahoy.  Not the case!.....

My nails after getting up today!
 
My nails are chip free!  The light is reflecting off my nails a bit but they look as good as they did when I painted them last night.  That never happens!
 
I will definitely be digging out the other MUA nail varnishes I own to see if they are as good as this one!
 
Have you tried any MUA polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment