Thursday 13 December 2012

New favourite mascara - and really cheap too!

How is everyone on this chilly day?  I'm just back from the school run so thought I would share a major bargain find of mine from last week....
...I went into Poundland looking for some stocking fillers for the kids and thought while I was there I would have a quick look at the makeup section.  I don't usually buy makeup from Poundland but they do occasionally have a few brand name items (anyone remember the Stila items a while back?)
I was pretty unhappy with the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara I was using as I find it gives me no volume whatsoever so when I saw this I thought for £1 it was worth a try...
Collection 2000 Skyscraper length and definition mascara in black
 
I really really like this mascara.  It's not quite the same as my all time fave YSL Faux Cils but this really is nearly as good and at £1 compared to £23 I know what my purse prefers!
 
The brush has lots of little flexible plastic spikes (not the right word I know but hopefully you get what I mean) and gives good coverage on the first swipe.
 
 
 
I don' have any pictures of me wearing it - I tried but I couldn't get them to come out at all right - sorry!
 
I put this on one eye and my L'Oreal Telescopic on the other as I prefer to compare mascaras against another one rather than against eyelashes without mascara on.
The Collection 2000 was comparable on length but did so much better on volume.  The base of my lashes looked much thicker and really made my eyes stand out.  I love the big fake eyelash effect but am not a big fan of wearing false lashes so any mascara that helps give that effect gets a big thumbs up from me!
Wear time for this is good as well.  I have been wearing it from 7:30 AM every morning and I haven't noticed any flaking by the time I take it off at night (normally about midnight)
 
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this mascara...if you are ever in Poundland then definitely pop one in your basket, for a pound you really can't go wrong!
 
What is your all time favourite mascara?  What do you look for when choosing a new one?


4 comments:

  1. I've tried this mascara and done a review on it too, I really liked it which surprised me because I don't really like plastic brushes.

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely more than worth the pound! I'll check out your review :-)

      Delete
  2. I love my mascara, I looked in all 3 of our pound shops and none of them had it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my mascara, I looked in all 3 of our pound shops and none of them had it :-(

    ReplyDelete