Friday 7 December 2012

My current skincare routine...

I'm usually terrible for constantly changing the products I use.  I will just start one thing then I see something else advertised that I just HAVE to ty.
With Christmas coming up (and my boss forgetting to approve my overtime, snarl) I am trying to not start anything new until I have finished what I am using.
Luckily, I am pretty happy with the products I am using at the minute so I thought I would share them with you.

First up, cleansers...



Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is my go to product (around £15).  I love the fact you can even use it on your eyes and I use it every night without fail to take off my makeup.  I often use it in the morning too but once or twice a week I use Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub (about £5 from Boots). I use this to make my Liz Earle last longer and also as sometimes I need something a bit more exfoliating to remove any nasty dry bits.  I have read reviews from people saying they don't like this as there isn't enough grainy bits in it to scrub your face properly.  For me I find it just right.  My skin can be quite sensitive so anything too harsh just leaves me feeling sore and looking red.  This also has a lovely zingy fragrance that helps wake me up on these dark and dingy mornings.

Next is toners/moisturisers/oil


My current toner is the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic.  (12.50)  I love the smell of this.  It is really fresh and feels lovely and refreshing on your skin.  I'm not an expert on toners so I haven't noticed it is any better than any I have used previously but it certainly doesn't dry out my skin and I will be looking to repurchase this.
Liz Earle again for my moisturiser (I love the Cleanse and Polish so much I wanted to try some of their other products).  This is the Skin Repair Moisturiser in normal/combination (18.75)  In a complete contrast to the toner, I really dislike the smell of this.  I believe it's because they keep things as natural as possible so it has that weird unscented smell.  It doesn't really affect the product as you can't smell anything when you put it on your face.  I do like this cream and it doesn't make me have major break outs like some other creams I have tried but I also don't think it does anything more than Johnson's Daily Essentials (see my budget beauty post).  The Johnson's is only a few pounds so I will be going back to this once my Liz Earle runs out.
Lastly is my NSpa Deep Hydrating Facial Oil (about £7 from Asda).  I went to an NSpa at home party a few months back and really liked their products.  They have a full range (most is available in Asda) and it is all really cheap.  This oil has a really lovely spa style scent and feels a real treat to use.  I only use it about once a week and you only need a couple of drops so this bottle will last ages.  It is only as empty as it is as my mum wanted a sniff and proceeded to drop it, spilling a load.  I am prone to dry skin so find using this every so often before bed helps keep my skin hydrated.  If you have dry skin then check it out, this would be really good in a pamper session!

Right, there is all my current skincare.  How does it compare to what you use?  Is there anything else you think I should be adding (I'm debating an eye cream at the mo)?


1 comment:

  1. I must try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and the Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub, I use a bodyshop scrub atm and it far to harsh on my dry skin. Great review hun

    ReplyDelete