Wednesday 16 January 2013

Boots 75% Off Sale Haul

So..today was the day.  Probably one of the biggest shopping days in any toiletries lover's calendar!
If you hadn't already guessed, today all of the Boots Christmas 342 stock was reduced to 75% off.
My mum had the kids, I wangled a late start at work so I was all systems go!  I turned up at Boots 20 minutes before opening and bagged spot 5 in the queue.  I had a great time chatting to the ladies in front of me (they were all quite impressed that I had gone in store last night to do a bit of a rec, see what was available and where lol)  One of the sales assistants came out and filmed the queue before opening time as it was soooooo looooong!  I tried to start an American style whoop when they opened the doors but we settled for a crazy OMG style run to the sale aisles!!
WHAT DID YOU BUY??? I hear you cry!  Just a few little goodies to keep me stocked up....


I bought:

  • 2 of the big Soap and Glory sets (£60 each reduced to £15 each.)  I have never seen S&G make it to the 75% sale before so I was really excited to get these.  My Mum and I have been using this brand for years and I was running low on most things so I picked one up for each of us.
A quick close up of the S&G goodies
  • Small Sanctuary set (£16 reduced to £4)- for my pressie stash
  • Starbucks mug and coffee (£10 reduced to £2.50) - I can't wait to take this to work so I don't have to use the paper cups anymore!
  • A pair of Jimmi Jamms pyjamas (£24 reduce to £6) - I live in pyjamas at home during the winter.  There is nothing better than getting home from work and putting on a nice comfy pair so these are a welcome addition to the ones I got for Christmas.
  • A small French Connection gift cube (£10 reduced to £2.50) - another item for the pressie stash
  • Botanics Rebalance Pamper Kit (£10 reduced to £2.50) - I may keep this as I haven't tried any of this range before
  • Betty and Walter hand wash and lotion set (£10 reduced to £2.50) - I'll keep this for when the S&G version I got for Christmas runs out
  • Pineapple perfume set (£13 reduced to £3.25) - I will probably use this for those times when I don't want to use up my expensive perfumes
  • Beauty Hut cherry shower set (£10 reduced to £2.50) - this was going to be for my pressie stash but I don't think I can resist cherry goodies!
  • Hello Kitty Liberty shower and shine set (£12 reduced to £3) - another item initially bought for the stash but will probably end up being used by me...it has the cutest Hello Kitty shower cap in it!!!
It might look like a lot of stuff but I was very restrained compared to some people.  Luckily Boots implemented a bulk buying policy this year, limiting the amount of each item you could buy to 6.  Still lots you may think but in previous years there have been people teaming up, blocking the aisles and sweeping each shelf clear so they could put it all on ebay.

I had a really good time, I'm really pleased with all my goodies and I can't wait to try some of the new things that I got!  

Did you go to the Boots sale today?  What did you buy??


4 comments:

  1. You sure got some great bargains! There was no sight of S&G products where I live in the North and I had work till 5pm. So when I did go, there was only rows of empty shelves :( haha

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I was shocked to see 150+ boxes of S&G on the shelves, never ever got S&G 75% off before. Think all the good stuff is normally gone within 10 mins of opening!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've just been trying to get it all in my cupboard before hubs gets back from his business trip and has a heart attack!!

      Delete