Thursday 10 January 2013

Fitbit One review...

Happy Thursday!

Today I wanted to give you a review of without a doubt, the best thing I got for Christmas, the Fitbit One.
If you saw my Christmas Wishlist post then you will know that I was really hoping Santa was going to bring this for me and obviously I was a very good girl last year as he told my mum and she bought it for me!
The Fitbit One is the latest pedometer to be released by Fitbit.com/uk and costs 79.99



In the box you get the pedometer, a clip to attach it to your clothes, a usb dongle to sync it with your pc, a usb charger and a wristband to wear in bed (more on that later)

You may be wondering why you would want to spend £80 on a pedometer when you can get them for just a few pounds in Argos.  Well, this is sooooo much more than a pedometer!
It tracks your steps, flights of stairs climbed, calories burned, sleep patterns (by wearing it in the wristband in bed) and all syncs up wirelessly to your computer and via Bluetooth to your iPhone 4s/5 (and Android soon I believe) with their free app.

I've tried my best to include a screen grab of the dashboard (your log on the pc of all your stats), I am sorry it's a bit small but it is showing you all the items it is tracking, how much you have done, what % of your daily goal you have completed and also your daily and overall badges you have.
One of my favourite things is the badges that you get.  Every time you reach a certain goal you get a new badge on your dashboard.  There are daily badges and lifetime achievement badges.  The other day I couldn't get out after work to walk the dog so I decided to go for my next stairs badge.  I had to do 50 flights in a day to get this but the lure of the next badge on my dashboard really spurred me on.
You can also link the Fitbit up to other apps, such as My Fitness Pal....I haven't looked into this properly yet as doing Slimming World means I don't really need to track my calories but I am sure this will be good for lots of people.

I am totally in love with my Fitbit and I am definitely more active since getting it.  I really enjoy seeing how many steps I have done and I really want to go out for walks or do extra flights of stairs to reach and go past my targets.  I really hate the gym so is perfect for me.  I really can't rave about this enough.  As well as being more active since getting it I am also getting more sleep.  It's silly, I always knew that I didn't get enough (about 5.5 hours a night) but for some reason, seeing my sleep pattern every day on my app/pc dashboard has brought it home to me and made me do something about it.
I have also joined forces with a few of my friends on twitter to make a #pedometerposse.  We are all checking in every day to see how many steps we have all done, spurring each other on to get more active.  Hello to @t_toperula, @polkadot26, @Tinkally, @kookiethekat, @dexstreme and @jonesey1975!! 

My only gripe at the mo is that the sync between my Fitbit and my iPhone app is not great.  I'm not sure if it's my phone, or something else but I have sent Fitbit an email and I am sure they will be able to help me.  When I first got my Fitbit it seemed to be tracking too many steps but all I had to do was send them an email and they got back to me really quickly with  a few things I needed to do (like set my stride length) and now it tracks perfectly! 

If you are thinking about a pedometer to get more active in 2013 then I would definitely check out Fitbit.com  I know that they have also started selling their pedometers in John Lewis and @t_toperula noticed the One on Groupon yesterday with a 20% discount!  Fitbit also has their own bracelet style pedometer coming out soon, a bit like the Nike Fuelband.  

My next item to get is their Aria scales, their wifi smart scales.  I will definitely have to save up for these though as they are about £100 (but look so great)

Here's to a happy and healthier 2013!!

1 comment: