Saturday 5 January 2013

Slimmer soup....

In my attempt to fight the flab I am trying to address my diet danger zones (I'm full of these little sayings lol)
Snacking is a particular weak spot for me so I decided to make some soup that I could keep in the fridge to heat up when I get peckish. Normally my veggie soup creations can be a bit samey but this turned out really well so I thought I would share it incase anyone wants to try it.
You will need:
2 big onions
3 celery sticks
1 big carrot
Garlic (I used two teaspoons of lazy garlic)
1 head of cabbage
1 tin of baked beans
1 tin of 3 bean salad
1 carton of passata
2 chicken stock cubes
Pinch of mustard powder
Water to cover
Fry light

Method:
I chopped the onions and celery and added them to a big saucepan sprayed with fry light and softened for a couple of mins. I then added the garlic and carrot and continued cooking until the onions started to colour.
I then chopped the cabbage and bunged that and everything else into the pan and cooked until the carrots were nice and soft (about 20 mins)
Once it was cooked I used a hand blender and whizzed it slightly. I wanted the soup to be chunky but whizzing it slightly thickened it up.
It really was sooo tasty. I know there is no specific recipe for veggie soup and you can just bung in what you have but this was definitely the nicest I have made.

If anyone has any other good slimming suitable recipes then let me know!


2 comments:

  1. I love anything that involves bakes beans! This looks so wholesome. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really really good, just *ahem* a little bit tuneful!

      Delete